March 23, 2020
As recognized by Governor Pritzker, the agricultural businesses are essential, especially as we head into the spring planting season. ProHarvest and MWS Seeds will remain open to support our customers to the best of our abilities.
However, as we try to navigate through the new reality of the current situation, we are implementing additional practices to minimize and slow the spread of COVID-19. We understand that this may be an inconvenience to some of our customers but given the seriousness of the situation, we are taking the following measures:
· We currently prefer to do business over the phone, text, or email. Please consider this instead of visiting our office if possible.
· If you do need to visit the office to pick-up an order, please call ahead and we will have your order ready for you. Call our office at 866-807-7015 when you arrive and we will direct you where to get loaded, please stay with your vehicle and we will come to you.
· Paperwork will be handled through a window, please share your email address with us we can email any paperwork to you directly.
· Signatures on shipping documents will not be required during this spring.
· While in any of our facilities, please keep at least 6 feet away from others.
· At this time, mailing payment is preferred. If you have questions on your account, invoice, or statement, please call to reconcile instead of coming to the office.
· Deliveries of seed for spring planting will continue. We ask that you be mindful when scheduling an appointment for a delivery, if you don’t feel well, it can wait until a later date.
· No sales vendors or other outside vendors will be allowed inside.
We are updating our technology tools to utilize web-based communications as much as possible.
We are updating our staff to follow CDC recommendations to keep a safe distance from others, follow good hygiene practices, sanitizing highly touched surfaces, and to stay at home if they are showing any symptoms of illness. We ask that you do the same.
We value our relationships with you and want for all of us to be safe. Farming is the backbone of our food supply, and our country and we feel it is our duty to serve you to be prepared as possible for the Spring season.
We also encourage you to show patience with others during these high stress times and take time to reflect with prayer.
The ProHarvest and MWS Teams