Can You Say Festulolium?
By: Doug Hanson
Festulolium is the name for a hybrid forage grass developed by crossing Meadow Fescue or Tall Fescue with Perennial Ryegrass. ProHarvest Seeds has selected two unique varieties with varied benefits. Fojtan takes on the characteristics of Fescue while our Hostyn variety takes on more of a Perennial Rye Grass appearance. Therefore, Fojtan is best for thickening hay fields and for fast grass in newly seeded hay fields. Hostyn will work best in pasture and baleage or chopping systems.
• Earlier spring growth than tall fescue
• High quality, close to that of ryegrass
• Very persistent (4 years)
• Tolerates drought and periodical flooding
• High seedling vigor, comparable to annual ryegrass
• Very early spring growth
• Very high yield
• Better persistence than ryegrass
Click. Here to view our Festulolium Lineup!